Module III - Listening to Others
TLC taught me how to listen more deeply for what God may be doing in my life as well as in other’s lives and to help the other person discover where God is at work. I have found this extremely helpful in ministry.
TLC has enabled me to delve deeper into relationships and has made me a better husband, listening more fully to my wife.David H.
Module III – Our Theme is Listening to Others
Listening ~ Discovery ~ Healing ~ Love
The natural outflow of knowing God and ourselves better is in how we find ourselves genuinely loving others. Perhaps one of the most powerful ways in which we can love others is to listen well. Although we have been working on this through Modules I and II, Module III explores new tools and skills to add to our “toolbox” as we become more skilled as listeners.
“To listen to another’s soul into a condition of disclosure and discovery may be the greatest service that any human being performs for another.” — Douglas V. Steere
Communication is an art form. It is relationship specific.
Topics include but are not limited to:
- What Good are Spiritual Practices?
- What Dreams May Come – Understanding Our Dreams
- Dream Practicum
- Focusing – Paying Attention to Our Body’s Messages
- The Eight Stages of Growth and Spiritual Direction
- Healing the Eight Stages
- Understanding Addictions – What is Really Going On?
- Healing Prayer for Beginners
- Working with Grief in Spiritual Direction
- Practical Issues and Questions in Spiritual Direction
- One day Retreat – Flourishing Amid Change and Stress