Class location and meeting times
- Cohort VI will be offered online with the choice to attend the required one-day retreats in-person (in Chicagoland) or online.
- Each 20-session module contains ten interactive teaching sessions on Zoom and ten small group interactive sessions.
- Instructional classes will meet via Zoom every other Thursday from 10:00 am – 1:00 pm CST.
- Small group sessions will meet online every other week during the weeks there is no class meeting. Small group sessions will at times meet asynchronously via the discussion forums and other times synchronously via Zoom or phone.
- The class schedule follows traditional school year breaks.
- Desire to learn and to grow in one’s own experience of God
- Desire to become more self-aware, especially in relation to God and others
- Desire to listen in a way that invites transforming conversations
- Average of 5 to 10 hours a week which includes class time, reading, writing brief reflection papers, participating online with small group on alternate weeks, meeting with one’s own spiritual director, finding and meeting with two directees and supervision
- Basic computer skills and willingness to explore how technology can aid transformational conversations
Program tuition and fees
- Tuition for the program is $4,950.00 which is divided into three increments of $1,650 due at the start of each of the three modules. Students may also choose to pay monthly: $79/month for 21 months. (First monthly payment is due September 7, 2023, and the last payment is due May 7, 2025).
- Additional fees not included: Books, individual spiritual direction fees, small fee for each Module’s in-person retreat.
- Some financial aid is available upon request.
Certificate in Spiritual Direction
- Upon finishing all requirements in the two-year program, recipients will receive a Certificate of Completion.
On-site class schedule – Cohort VI
Module I: Listening to God
Class Meeting Dates: Fall 2023 & Winter 2024
- September 7 & 21
- October 5 & 19
- November 2 & 16
- Winter Break
- January 11 & 25
- February 8 & 22
- One-Day Retreat Date (in person January 27/online February 24)
Module II: Listening to Self
Class dates are in Spring & Fall 2024
- March 7 & 21
- Spring Break
- May 2 & 16 & 30
- Summer Break
- September 12 & 26
- October 10 & 24
- November 7
- One-Day Retreat Date (in person October 12/online November 9)
- Winter Break
Module III: Listening to Others
Class Dates are in Winter 2025
- January 9 & 23
- February 6 & 20
- March 6 & 20
- April 3
- Spring Break
- May 1 & 15 & 29
- One-Day Retreat Date (in person April 5/online May 3)
Instructions for submitting your application
You can apply online by going directly to TLC Application or you can download the application by clicking on the PDF link below. Please note the special instructions if you decide to use the TLC Application web form.
Complete your application either online, email or via US mail. If you choose to mail or email please send to the address provided at the bottom of the application form or refer to addresses provided here:
Transformational Listening Center
2139 W. Fletcher St
Chicago IL 60618
Email: [email protected]
Download the TLC Application PDF file using the button below.
Include the non-refundable application fee of $75 made out to TLC or use the optional PayPal link below.